I’m running a new music only blog (for work but also for me) follow at will. http://all-music-all-the-time.tumblr.com/
Rule 1: Always post the rules
Rule 2: Answer the questions the Person who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones
Rule 3: Tag 11 New People and link them to the post
Rule 4: let them know you’ve tagged them:
1. Is there any particular myth/mythological character or faerie tale/faerie tale character you strongly relate to? Which one(s)? Why?
there used to be. it used to be standard forest fae in general. mainly because i think that was a place where i always felt at home and it always felt magick. i could feel / hear the life around me and would make up conversations in my head between me and the trees, grasses, plants, streams. or maybe they weren’t made up. maybe the veil was thinner because i believed and the forest felt like family.
2. What is your definition of a ‘hipster?’
someone who wears the accoutrements / accessories of a culture without actually caring about said culture. ex: wearing a tom waits shirt but never having heard a tom waits song. OR liking an artform only because of the reaction it will get from other people, and not because of your actual tastes. like things for yourself. if you’re true to your own heart - all of the white belts and ugly glasses in the world can’t make you a hipster. to me hipster just implies an artistic falsehood.
3. What is a word you love but don’t get to use very often?
mitochondria. blame ‘a wind in the door’ but I’ve always loved that word.
4. Think of a major life decision you made. How do you think your life would be different, now, if you made a different decision at that time?
Getting straight married. If I hadn’t I would have lost a good friend so much earlier, but I also would have been freer to figure myself out so much earlier. I don’t regret what we chose. But sometimes I regret the years I didn’t get to be footloose and wild without a romantic safety net.
5. What are five bands or musicians you love that you’ve gotten shit for liking?
Britney Spears, Madonna, Courtney Love, Dean Martin, Bjork. oh hey look mostly women WEIRD RIGHT? sigh.
6. What are five bands or musicians everyone else seems to love that you can’t stand?
Led Zeppelin (but I’m coming around a little), Abney Park, Pearl Jam, Beach Boys (though I have some dad nostalgia here), and Drive By Truckers (I just don’t get it).
7. What are some of your theme songs? You know, songs you relate to so deeply you feel like they were written for/about you?
Who Are You - Tom Waits
Straight to You - Nick Cave
Housequake - Prince (oh yes.)
8. If you could teleport yourself to anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
New Orleans. Boom. no hesitation.
9. What are some of your favorite things about spring? Least favorite?
Favorite? Flowers, dresses, backyard bbqs, white wine tasting good again, sunburns, gardening, fire pits, beer gardens. Least favorite? Allergies. Mother trucking allergies.
10. If you could possess any talent you don’t currently have, what would it be? Fame.
11. What’s your favorite crayon color?
John Coltrane Talks About Malcolm X and Music of the Times
Dave Liebman posted this audio interview with John Coltrane on Facbook. About the interview, he writes, “Maybe the best interview of Trane from 1966. Sounds like it was done at his home in Long Island by Frank Kofsky. His humility is astounding and some great thoughts concerning recordings. - Lieb” Thanks, Dave.
So rare to hear his voice.
(via rustbeltjessie)(84 plays)